Madurai usually has a hot and dry climate. In the summers (April to August) the weather is quite hot with Mercury level touching 45 degC plus . Therefore it can be a bit difficult to enjoy the place completely. Though, during the winter months the weather is pleasant. It is neither too hot nor too cold. So the best time to visit Madurai is from October to March. But still, on an average the city can be visited throughout the year as it gets uniform rainfall all the year round. Even if the weather is a bit hot in the summers, you never know when rain might cool you up. Thus, tourists flock Madurai round the year.
SIGHT SEEING PLACES IN MADURAI:
- Sri Meenakshi-Sundareswarar Temple with its astonishing Ayiram-Kaal Mandapam or 1000 Pillar Hall
- Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal- a palace built in 1636 famous for its majestic pillars and impressive arches
- Alagar Kovil-Celebrated Vishnu Temple one of the 108 Divya Desams
- Gandhi Museum-has original artifacts used by Mahatma Gandhi
- Koodal Azhagar Temple-an ancient Vishnu Temple one of the 108 Divya Desams
- Thirupparankundram-one of the six abodes and Birth Place of Lord Karthikeya
- Mariamman Theppakulam-Beautiful temple tank of Vandiyur Temple
- Thirumohur-an ancient temple to Lord Kalamega Perumal one of the 108 Divya Desams
THINGS TO REMENBER MADURAI
- Fresh Jasmine Flowers
- Thalam Poo Kumkum-fragrant kumkum made of screw pine flowers
- Sungadi Sarees
- Jigarthanda-A milkshake type Desert made using Ice cream,Kova,Sea weed,Swet Syrup and Milk with Thick Cream..
Hotel is located in KK Nagar (Near Apollo Hospital) which is just 1.5 km from Central bustand at Mattuthavani.Railway Station is 5kms from our property and Airport 18km.
Meenakshi Temple is 4 km from the hotel.